CREATE AN INVITATION
After you build a form, you can send an invitation to users to complete the form. You can create an invitation either by going to the dashboard or from workflows.
To create invitation from the dashboard, hover on the form, click on the gear icon on the form, and then click on Invitation.
To create invitation from workflows, click on Invitation at the top right action bar of the workflow.
When creating an invitation, you have the option to enable or disable tracking. An email will be sent to the invited contact(s). The email contains a link to the form which can then be filled and submitted.
If tracking is enabled, a record of your invitation will be kept on the Invitations page. Also, in this mode you are able to do the following:
- Set a date and time when the form should be made available
- Set a date and time when the form should expire
- Choose whether to password protect the form or not
- Choose whether to save form automatically
- Choose whether to allow more than once submission for the form
For invitation with tracking disabled, no record of the invitation will be kept once sent. In addition, you have less control in comparison to when tracking is enabled.
Email From and Email To
Only users on a paid plan can modify the EMAIL FROM field. The email address provided must be verified in accordance with the system’s instructions.
In the EMAIL TO field, you can enter up to five email addresses only. However, you can send invitation to unlimited contact groups.
Email Subject and Email Body
You may choose to change the default title in the email subject field and the default message in the email body. There are available variables which you can make use of in the EMAIL SUBJECT field and EMAIL BODY field respectively.
Variable used in the EMAIL SUBJECT must be enclosed in double curly brace. For example
In order to make use of variables in the EMAIL BODY, search for the variable in the search field, and choose the appropriate one(s) for your need.
Variables Available for Use in Email Body
You can see the list of the available variables for use in the search box within the EMAIL BODY.
- first_name – This is the first name of the contacts.
- last_name - This is the last name of the contacts.
- invitation_link – This will display the invitation link to the invited contacts for them to click and submit form.
- password – This will display the password generated by the system to the contacts. This should only be used when the field Forms are password protected is selected.
- form_name – This will display the name of the form you are sending an invite for.
- password logic – This is a conditional statement that displays the password if and only if the field Forms are password protected is selected.
Send now or Schedule to Send
You can send invitations immediately or schedule them to be sent at a future time. For scheduled sending, you can set any time in the next 30 days.