DATA RETENTION POLICY
The data retention policy determines how long your form submission data will be kept in FormCan.
- This setting applies to all forms in your team, so only the team administrator can change it.
- For newly registered accounts, the default retention time is 3 months.
- For trial or free plan, it is 3 months and cannot be changed.
- For paid plans, you can change it to 0 days, 7 days, 30 days, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years or Forever.
- For 0 days retention, you must setup cloud drive integration for your forms. Submission data will be removed from FormCan only if the submission is successfully uploaded to its cloud drive. Otherwise, the data retention period is “Forever”.
- Once a submission’s last modification date exceeds the retention time, the submission data, its uploaded files are permanently deleted. This deletion cannot be undone.
- If you unsubscribe from a paid plan to a free plan, your data retention policy will be changed back to 3 months (the default retention period for the free plan).
Your changes will not take effect immediately. It takes up to 24 hours to purge expired submission data.
For HIPAA-compliant accounts, data retention will be “Forever” and while this can be changed, you must have a relative in-house backup policy to be HIPAA compliant. For accounts that use electronic signatures, please consider changing this policy to “Forever” retention.